Defending Insurance Companies in Wyoming and Beyond
For nearly 30 years, King & King, LLC has provided exemplary representation to local, national, and international insurers. Our wealth of experience and the quality of our attorneys enables us to provide the insurance industry with comprehensive legal services of the highest caliber. Our attorneys have decades of experience in civil litigation, bringing unique background, training, and experience to the field of insurance defense. King & King, LLC provides sophisticated coverage analysis, advice, and opinions to our insurer clients. Working in tandem with the professionals from the insurer, King & King, LLC will strive to successfully defend any claim.
- Representing Clients in All Venues
Our seasoned trial attorneys litigate cases in all of the state and federal courts in Wyoming. We have also been specially admitted to practice in other states. At King & King, LLC, we provide the same aggressive, efficient, and cost effective representation to all claims, from simple tort cases to sophisticated cases involving product liability, construction, or premises liability.
- Taking a Successful Approach to Insurance Defense Law
King & King, LLC works to resolve claims quickly, avoiding or limiting monetary payout from our clients. Our Jackson, Wyoming office has obtained favorable results for our clients through motions to dismiss or summary judgments during the early stages of litigation. These favorable results at the start of the case allow us peace of mind and provide a cost savings to our clients and their insurers. Attorney Bret F. King, of King & King, LLC, is skilled in the art of negotiation and frequently serves as a mediator on behest of judges and fellow attorneys across the state. Mr. King’s ability to navigate through the mediation process serve him well in obtaining consistently positive results.
If pre-trial resolution is not possible, our trial lawyers have the experience, training, and ability to try even the most complex case. Bret King has spent the last few decades in the courtroom, securing several high-profile wins, including a $12.5 million judgment. Bret King is additionally a past member of the Board of Directors of Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association and acts as a Circuit Court magistrate and alternate judge for the town of Jackson. His father and firm partner Floyd King began practicing trial law in 1961, right here in Jackson. Floyd King has served as town and county attorney as well as U.S. Magistrate for the 10th Circuit. The attorneys at King & King, LLC are litigators of unsurpassed skill, providing aggressive and refined representation in the courtroom.
- Experience Defending Against a Variety of Claims
At King & King, LLC, our lawyers have the knowledge and practice to effectively defend against a wide variety of claims. Some of the more common claim types we see include:
- Personal injury defense, including automobile, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Wrongful death defense
- Defense of contractors and subcontractors
- Representing government entities and their agents
- Representing public sector professionals, including civil liability of officials and police officers
- Representing social service providers, including social workers, home health aides, and not-for-profits
- Coverage dispute issues
- Construction and commercial litigation
- Bad faith issues for insurance companies
- Defective product issues
- Defending civil rights claims
- Defending employment related claims, such as hiring and firing, age, rate, disability, pregnancy, sex and other discrimination claims, and retaliation for exercise of first amendment rights
- Defending against premises liability claims, including defects on public or private property
- Class action lawsuits defense
- Toxic tort defense
- Municipal insurance defense
In addition, we also represent Wyoming workers’ compensation insurance companies involved in workplace injury claims.
- Allowing You to Remain in Control of Litigation Defense Strategies and Decisions
The litigation professionals at King & King, LLC have over seventy years of combined experience in the courtroom. We work with our insurance company and corporate clients to pursue strategies that result in the most advantageous outcome, while always leaving the ultimate defense strategies and decisions up to the client. Together, we can elect to pursue litigation when necessary or look towards a settlement when it is in our client’s advantage.
- Providing Preeminent Insurance Defense
Our firm is often the defense firm of first resort for local, regional, and international insurers. Due to our expertise in insurance coverage and contract law, we effectively identify and pursue risk transfer at every possible avenue. We are one of the preeminent insurance defense firms in the state of Wyoming and beyond, providing the highest level of legal services to our insurer clients at competitive rates. Our firm prides itself on providing the experience of a large litigation firm, with the client service that only a small firm can offer.
King & King, LLC invites you to contact us today at (307) 733-2904. We will arrange an initial consultation for you to discuss your company’s need for local counsel with an experienced Wyoming insurance defense attorney at our firm.